Son of Samson Trivia Quiz
Answers can be found at the bottom of the page.
1. Who is Branan's grandfather?
- a) Zedekias
- b) Manoah
- c) Abu
- d) Samadin
2. Why does Samson kill thirty men from Ashkelon?
- a) they blasphemed the name of the Lord
- b) they threatened Samson's wife
- c) he wanted their clothes
- d) they gave his wife to another man
3. Who are Delilah's Rephaim bodyguards?
- a) Zadok and Zimra
- b) Elam and Ethan
- c) Jerah and Jobab
- d) Adar and Abnar
4. What is Tiras's nickname?
- a) Marauder of the Mediterranean
- b) Brigand of the Black Sea
- c) Duke of the Dead Sea
- d) Goblin of the Galilee
5. Who is the real Witch of Endor?
- a) Elia
- b) Simah
- c) Shira
- d) Aziza
6. What is the name of Branan's childhood nemesis?
- a) Tanis
- b) Jorab
- c) Behem
- d) Mesha
7. The Maiden of Thunder is the wrestling champion of which town?
- a) Hebron
- b) Gezer
- c) Ashkelon
- d) Gath
8. What kind of weapon does Branan use to defeat the Philistines at the battle of Shiloh?
- a) donkey's jawbone
- b) tree trunk
- c) sword of revenge
- d) ark's carrying pole
9. Because Samson is a Nazirite, he is not allowed to ...?
- a) cut his hair
- b) dance
- c) wear jewelry
- d) eat meat
10. Why does Mathias leave Ashkelon for Joppa?
- a) he was offered a better job
- b) he was run out of town
- c) he was looking for Branan
- d) he had too many debts
11. Who is Saphira's father?
- a) Pathrus
- b) Raamah
- c) Sidon
- d) Eber
12. What is the "Old River King"?
- a) hippo
- b) water snake
- c) crocodile
- d) leviathan
13. Which sacred artifact does Amalek steal from the tabernacle priests of Israel?
- a) ark of the covenant
- b) Aaron's budded staff
- c) Ten Commandments tablets
- d) bronze serpent staff
14. What is Sidon's least favorite food?
- a) broccoli
- b) canteloupe
- c) carrots
- d) strawberries
15. Zarah and Branan are ...?
- a) half siblings
- b) full siblings
- c) brother and sister-in-law
- d) cousins
16. Why does Branan save the lion trapped in a pit?
- a) the lion had saved him before
- b) he plans to follow the lion to water
- c) he wants to train it to attack the Philistines
- d) he hates the hunters Yitzhak and Mizzah
17. Uzal is a gift from whom?
- a) Mathias
- b) Manoah
- c) Saphira
- d) Zarah
18. What does Branan do once he's sent aboard the slave galley bound for Ashkelon?
- a) he deliberately rows out of tempo
- b) he refuses to row
- c) he rows too hard
- d) he keeps breaking his oars
19. Why does the Witch of Endor covet the bronze serpent staff?
- a) it's worth a lot of money
- b) she wants to discourage the Hebrews
- c) she thinks it will bring her luck
- d) she thinks it will give her eternal life
20. What valuable object does the orphan Toby steal from Sidon's treasure chest?
- a) bejeweled Babylonian dagger
- b) silver Phoenician coin
- c) golden Egyptian goblet
- d) Syrian green sapphire
21. Which idol do the three Hebrew boys Zackeus, Yehude, and Mizraim plaster with mud?
- a) Baal
- b) Marduk
- c) Dagon
- d) Ashtoreth
22. Which two angels appear to Branan in the tabernacle at Shiloh?
- a) Uriel and Raphael
- b) Michael and Gabriel
- c) Michael and Raphael
- d) Uriel and Gabriel
23. What do Saphira's two slaves do when she grants them their scrolls of freedom?
- a) they take their scrolls and run swiftly away
- b) they refuse their freedom out of fierce loyalty
- c) they accept their freedom but wish to remain in her service as paid servants
- d) they want Delilah's permission first before accepting their freedom
24. What "act of God" destroys Amalek's citadel?
- a) flood
- b) fire
- c) earthquake
- d) tornado
25. Ultimately, what does Branan learn after retracing his father's legendary deeds throughout Palestine?
- a) that Delilah wasn't actually as bad as he'd been led to believe
- b) that we are all alone in this world and should be looking out for number one
- c) that his spiritual heritage from his father is shameful and should be forgotten
- d) that trusting in God is the greatest strength anyone can have!
1-b, 2-c, 3-d, 4-a, 5-d, 6-c, 7-b, 8-d, 9-a, 10-b, 11-c, 12-c, 13-d, 14-b, 15-a, 16-d, 17-b, 18-c, 19-d, 20-a, 21-c, 22-a, 23-a, 24-b, 25-d